Thursday, June 25, 2015

27 Weeks with Baby Brother

How far along? 26 weeks 5 days (at my appointment today I learned that my doctor hadn't officially changed my due date to September 30 in my paperwork, so we are going by September 26.)

Total weight gain/loss: +21 lbs (11 this pregnancy, +10 from Naomi)

Maternity clothes? Yep yep - and if you have any you want to send my way, please do! It is HOT here and I am uncomfortable in everything, but don't have many maternity clothes and they are expensive things!

Stretch marks? Not yet. PTL! Pulled out the Cocoa Butter the other day to start the prevention.

Sleep: Usually very good, but I have been congested (again!) the last couple of nights and have had a lot of lower back pain, so a little less good right now.

Miss Anything? Cooler days of Spring, haha!  But not much right now, just so wanting to meet our sweet boy!

Movement: He doesn't move quite as often right now, but he still makes himself known a few times a day and it is really great.  So much fun!

Food cravings: Sometimes doughnuts.  Always desserts.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Not really! Ptl feeling good!

Have you started to show yet: Yes, I feel like I look like I did when I was 30 weeks with Noah/BigBro!

Gender: Baby Brother!!

Labor Signs: Oh no, sir!

Belly Button in or out? Still so far in.

Wedding rings on or off? On

Happy or Moody most of the time: I am quite happy! But I do get tired more easily and every once in a while have a silly mood swing.

Size of Baby: About 9 inches and 2 lbs!

Exercise this week (this is for my own accountability): Thurs: Ran 3.5 miles at the Y, Friday: off, Saturday: Ran 4 miles on Neuse River Trail, Sunday: Ran 3 miles from home, Monday: Swam 1600 yds at the Y, Tuesday: Ran 4.15 miles at the Y, Wednesday: Walked 2 miles at Shelley Lake + 50 min Prenatal DVD

How about Big Brother?  Noah is so so sweet and he is such a joy to parent!  Of course, he has his moments of disobedience because he was born with a sin nature, but he is learning and growing leaps and bounds every day!  He LOVES playing with friends and says their names over and over when he knows he is going to see them.  He does well at the nursery at church and the Y and says "thank you" and "Bye bye" to the workers when we pick him up.  He says tons of words at this point and is starting on sentences! Right now they are short "Bye Bye/Night Night Dada/Lyla/Daniel/insert friend's name" and "Park? Play?"My favorite word to hear him say (other than Mama) is "Applesauce" because it is adorable.  He LOVES books and will pretty much read Hop On Pop to you himself.  He will also ask for books by name and retrieve the correct book if you ask him to get a certain one. He recognizes Mickey everywhere somehow and "Deorge" (Curious George).  He is also great with shapes, especially "Kircle" and will point out circles on everything.  When I get out my guitar he excitedly says "'tar!" and when we ask what he wants to sing he almost always says "ABCs!" and then he wants to sing "Bababa" (Ba Ba Black Sheep).  He also asks for "Big!" (My God is So Big) and "Beep beep beep!" (Wheels on the Bus). I feel like he does something new every day and it never ceases to amaze me.  He is such a gift from God and I can not wait for him to meet his baby brother (he also loves to pat my belly and say "Hi, baby! Hi, baby!").

Sorry, still no pic.  I will try to take one and update soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment