Wednesday, September 2, 2015

37 Weeks with Baby Brother

I How far along? 36 weeks 6 days

Total weight gain/loss: +25 lbs (15 this pregnancy, +10 from Naomi)

Maternity clothes? Yes mostly. Some bigger t-shirts and I have a couple pairs of shorts that aren't maternity, but have a stretchier waist, so they work.

Stretch marks? Red "dots" on the tops of the stretch marks I gained with Noah, indicating the skin is stretching around there again this time. Thankfully I only had a couple with him, but I didn't notice them til after he arrived, so there could be more hiding.

Sleep: Not so good still. It is extra hard because I end up keeping Jimmy awake with all my tossing and turning and he needs his sleep too, of course. I am not struggling quite as much with restless legs, PTL, but I do have a lot of pain in my pelvis after being on my side, so I roll partly to my back and then have lower back pain, so I spend the night going back and forth. I am also struggling to shut my brain off! I keep wanting little guy to be here and get too excited to sleep, even though I'm exhausted.

Miss Anything? Sleep and Noah being able to sit comfortably on my lap, but otherwise going strong.

Movement: I've found that days I run in the morning he doesn't move a whole lot. If I take a day off from running, he is a crazy person and moves all over all day long!

Food cravings: Sweets and comfort foods. I pretty much am wanting to eat all hours I'm awake.

Anything making you queasy or sick: for some reason I have an aversion to vegetables now like I did in the first trimester. I will try to make myself eat some greens and it is the nastiest thing to me! So weird!

Have you started to show yet: Yes, i think I look 8+ months pregnant now, but I actually get more comments about how small my belly is whenever people ask. I am not complaining, he is just wedged in real deep.

Gender: Baby Brother!!

Labor Signs: not really, I'd like them to hold off til my mom gets here on the 16th, but any time immediately after that would be great! I will say I've had some cramping and BH contractions the past couple days that have been uncomfortable, but definitely not impending labor. I was dilated 1 cm at my 36 week appt (which I was with Noah as well).

Belly Button in or out? Still so far in.

Wedding rings on or off? On

Happy or Moody most of the time: I am happy and very grateful for the life God has given me, I truly love where we are as a family and can't wait for this little guy to get here! That being said, I have a much harder time controlling my mood swings than I should and that is just hard on everyone. This is still true, and I am only getting more and more excited for our buddy's arrival. It is hard for me to just be content and rest in each day as God brings it, but I am trying!

Size of Baby: he was 5 lbs 1 oz at 33 weeks and measuring 6 lbs 12 oz at our ultrasound this morning!!

Exercise this week (this is for my own accountability): I am starting to ease off a little as I have a lot of pelvic pain after I run and pool is closed temporarily. Sat: off Sun: off Mon: off Tues: ran 3.1 miles at Y Wed: Ran 3.6 miles at Y Thurs: Ran 3 miles at Y, Fri or Sat: Hoping to run 4 miles with Noah if it isn't too hot.

How about Big Brother?  
Noah continues to be a joy and a blessing at a week shy of 20 mos. We got him a new "glider" bike yesterday that he is still a little small for, but is starting to get the hang of. He LOVES his dada so much and it is wonderful! Jimmy and Noah have so much fun together, and right now I feel like I can only observe because of being tired and sore, but soon, Lord willing, the 4 of us will be galavanting together! Noah is speaking in sentences sometimes 5 words long and continues to amaze us with his intelligence! These little people learn so much so fast! We are working on memorizing John 3:16, and so far have "for God so loved the world." We so desire and pray that he would love Jesus with his whole heart and it is sweet to hear him repeat Scripture and pray. He has been completely obsessed with listening to music 24 hours a day. He wakes up and immediately says "Music!" We'll say "how was your night/nap?" He'll say "Music!" Until we bring him in to the living room and turn the music on. When he doesn't like a song he'll say "different music" and when a song ends, he'll say "bye bye music!" And my favorite is when it's a live recording and there's clapping at the end, he'll pause whatever he's doing and say "yaaaaay music!" We like to dance together to "Faithful" by Daniel Renstrom and Noah has started to request and sing the word "Faithful." I could go on and on, obviously. I just want to have a record of these sweet memories with our big brother!

Bump at 36&6:

No comments:

Post a Comment