Thursday, September 24, 2015

40 Weeks with Baby Brother

I How far along? 39 weeks 5 days

Total weight gain/loss: +28 lbs (18 this pregnancy, +10 from Naomi)

Maternity clothes? Yes mostly. So thankful the weather is cooling off and I can wear my warmer maternity clothes.

Stretch marks? Those red dots are expanding and I have a few more than last time. The are on the sides of my belly, above my hips.

Sleep: Not awesome, again. I have trouble with back and hip pain and restless legs are coming back. Thankfully I have been able to fall back to sleep pretty quickly when I wake up in the middle of the night.

Miss Anything? Running! I stopped running at 37 weeks because Noah fell sick and couldn't walk and we were taking it easy, by the time I started up again 2 weeks later, my doctor told me I shouldn't run because of the time I'd had off and how far along I was.

Movement: He is moving consistently, not a crazy active baby though (a lot like his big brother).

Food cravings: Anything other than most veggies.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Veggies!

Have you started to show yet: Yes, at 2 days shy of my due date, I am def looking pregnant. Although I still get "you don't look like you're about to pop!!" comments almost daily. These are not hurtful, but I don't know how to respond, so it's awkward. Also it's a little frustrating because when you DO look about to pop people are extra nice to you and sympathetic, but I am mostly ignored if there is another pregnant person in the vicinity.

Gender: Baby Brother!!

Labor Signs: Not really :-(. I found out last Friday at my appointment that they will induce labor this coming Monday if he hasn't already come on his own because of my history of stillbirth with Naomi. So we are praying praying he comes beforehand! I was 3 cm and 50% effaced today at my appt, and Doctor said there's a 50/50 chance he could come before Monday, haha...not super helpful. Truly doing our best to rest and know it is completely in God's hands. 

Belly Button in or out? Still so far in.

Wedding rings on or off? On

Happy or Moody most of the time: Starting to get more moody, which I am apologetic for. I am uncomfortable and trying not to be anxious about the induction. God is able! Also my mom has been here the past week which has been wonderful and such a help!

Size of Baby: I don't even know...I'm guessing around 8 lbs, similar to his brother (Noah was 7 lbs 14.5 oz at birth at 41 weeks).

Exercise this week (this is for my own accountability): Just walking each day, some days more than others, trying to get this guy to come out!

How about Big Brother?  
He is actually just waking up from his nap now so this will be short, but one of my favorite things he has done here and there is run around the house saying "come out little brother! Want to meet you!" He is loving going outside constantly and especially playing on the new fort his dada built him in the back yard with swings and a slide and big platform! He also asks for "dada hammer" all day long and loves to hammer everything in sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment