Thursday, February 9, 2012

Get Up and Go

Ready?

Set.

Go!

I love running and I pretty much want to be running all the time.  Except for the times I don't...and usually the times I don't are the times I actually can (like early in the morning, or during the middle of the day when I'm working or at church).  I am trying to practice being more self disciplined - not sleeping in just because I can, not eating just because I like how it tastes, not watching movies instead of reading/writing/playing guitar/cleaning. Many of you may have conquered this years ago, but it has been a struggle for me.  I'm getting better at using my waking hours to be productive and invest in spiritual growth - but the sleeping and eating parts are so much harder!  I can wake up early if I need to be somewhere, but if it's solely to get up so I can run before going about my day, it is much harder.  And food? I just like the wrong things too much.  I have given up fast food for 2012 though, so that has helped some (minus Chick Fil A...CFA is always the exception).  I keep dark dark chocolate around so I only have a piece a day and don't go crazy with chocolate cravings (which happen at least twice a day), and I don't buy groceries that are too much of a temptation (lots of processed snacky foods that I never stop once I pop types). I discovered Unsweetened Almond Milk last week which has rocked my world (it is totes the lish lish). I try not to eat out too often and keep a budget for my groceries, but somehow still find ways to eat a lot of food.  

I'm pretty content with my body image, so I'm not trying to get all cray cray diet-y, but I would like to lose some weight before I start training for another marathon...it would make running SO much easier.

Any suggestions for what you do to curb cravings?

Anyway, today was a lovely, chilly morning for a run and I always feel better after I run no matter how tired I'm feeling beforehand.  I wish I could get my brain to remember that every morning.

6. Thumb-holes in long sleeve running tops
7. Lap "beeps" from Garmin
8. Stretching achy muscles
9. Silly morning chats with friends
10. North Carolina skies
11. Conversations through difficult breaths with the Creator


1 comment:

  1. Grapefruit! I love grapefruit. Thumb-holes are the bomb. Lap beeps are another favorite. Running over the causeways were pretty amazing. (Esp. 'cause I passed lots of people going up and down.)

    ReplyDelete