Monday, February 27, 2012

When the little car is totaled...

Well, I found out Friday that my car is, in fact, a total loss.  So that means I have until this Friday to find a new car. Ready, go! While this is a somewhat challenging process, I am grateful for so many things: 1. The other driver's insurance is giving me more money than I expected they would. 2. I have an amazing and generous dad, and 3. My car (that I just this morning saw all taken apart when I went to get my belongings out of it) had battery acid spilled on the back seat last summer (long story), so it was unusable and made it smell kind of funny - won't have that in the new (to me) car! So, God works in very intricate ways and in all situations...and I love Him.

On another note...

With the car mess and having a new love for getting everything organized, I have not been diligent in my time in the Word and prayer this week (not good).  So yesterday before church I just prayed that I would soak up everything like a dry sponge.  Sure enough, I found myself just sobbing (like a lot) during the songs.  Just so in love and grateful for a God who is all powerful, but chooses to see us and love us and comfort us and be with us. This is good stuff.  (Also on the way home after church I looked in the mirror and my make up was a mess...most apologetic to the friends I talked to afterward.)

Back to the car sitch...

I had a pick up truck as my first rental vehicle, so I decided it would be a good time to get a dresser (I've been wanting one since I had to get rid of mine last April).  And I found one, and I think it's pretty.  So I cleaned it up and will make it my little project.  I want to replace the hardware and have a few ideas that I'll keep you posted on.

Aw looook. :)

46. Glimpse into world missions
47. Listening to the voices of the church during worship in song
48. Finding hilarious notes passed in college
49. Catchphrase with family and friends
50. Finally getting to watch "My 600 lb Life" :-p
51. Advice from helpful friends during car-finding challenge
52. My daddy
53. Big brother getting married next month

2 comments:

  1. Email me if you want help finding a car! Grant is really good at searching/hunting and he knows a lot about vehicles. Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sad/happy that your car is totaled! I hope your next car is fabulous! You totally deserve it! :D

    ReplyDelete